Halloween Dance raises over $3000 for clubs

The most well-attended dance of the year featured both carnival games and a maze.

AVID, Garden Club, and the Hispanic Heritage Club hosted this year’s Halloween Dance.  The dance took place on October 26 from 2:45-5:00 PM and is the longest dance of the year.  This year’s dance was a successful fundraiser for all three clubs.

Hispanic Heritage Club Adviser Mrs. Denise Vicario helped oversee the dance.  She and the other teachers sold 426 tickets to the dance, raising over $3000 on tickets sales alone.

For the snack bar at the dance, there were nachos, hot dogs, chips, sodas, water, pizza.  At the dance, there were carnival games that gave candy as prizes.  The carnival games were organized by the AVID program.  There was also a haunted maze in the fitness room, which was staffed by Engage 360 students.  Science Teacher Mr. Johann Appell led the setup and tear down of the maze.  

One of the students who had helped the dance and went to the dance was seventh-grader Julissa Sevilla.  She said that “hanging out with my friends was the most fun at the dance.” She had also gone into the haunted maze.  Julissa said the maze was “both funny and scary.”  She had also won a lot of candy from the carnival games.

Another student who went to the dance was seventh-grader Crystal Cervantes.  Crystal said that when she was at the dance, she had fun at the haunted maze and dancing with friends.   According to Crystal, the maze “was creepy.”

For Vicario, the dance went pretty well.   Each club walked away with a $1,000 dollar or more contribution for their funds.  But they also got some help from Math Teacher Mr. Jim Axton. Axton helped set up the maze and helped set up some of the stands on campus.  

Vicario said, “It only takes hard work, dedication, effort, and organization to complete the dance.”  But when everyone came out of the dance the had a big smile on their face and would be ready for school on Monday.