Assistant Principal Ms. Jamie Bates leaves for Segerstrom

Taking a promotion as an assistant principal at Segerstrom High School, Ms. Jamie Bates leaves MacArthur at the end of November

“It was an amazing experience to serve YOU, MacArthur students!  Don’t forget to set your goals high and always, always reach for the stars.  Surround yourself with those who support your decisions and share a positive outlook on life. Always remember, YOU ARE STRONG and you can do this…you can do anything,” said Assistant Principal Ms. Jamie Bates.

On November 28, Bates concluded her time at MacArthur.  Bates took a promotion to be an assistant principal at Segerstrom High School, where she had previously worked.  The new position will give Bates more experience to promote her career.  She found out that she was leaving when the Board of Education approved her to be assistant principal on November 15.

“I was saddened because I felt that Ms.Bates was an erudite assistant principal who was putting MacArthur back on track.  In other words we are losing a strong administrator, and she will be missed,” said eighth-grade Language Arts teacher Ms.Susan Davis.

When Bates first arrived, she felt nervous about becoming an assistant principal because it was a very big change from a high school to a middle school.  But she found that the students and staff are amazing.

The connections that she made with students and staff at MacArthur is what Bates is going to miss the most.  Her favorite memory of MacArthur was the snow dance because she loved seeing the faces of the students who saw snow for the first time.

“I am sad about Ms.Bates leaving but I am also glad that she gets to serve as an assistant principal at Segerstrom. She was very supportive and gave a great amount of positive service to MacArthur,” said eighth-grader Kathy Ortega.

Bates made an impact to the students and staff by showing positive energy, trusting and showing respect to them.