Three tips for succeeding in the second semester

The second semester ends the school year. Make sure you are putting your best foot forward!

The second semester can be scary sometimes for students.  Students fear the pressure of being better than they were in first semester.  In addition, some students can feel panic and anxiety when it comes to second semester because they feel as if they need to be more efficient.

Organization, homework cards, and behavior are what most students worried about, so I am here to give you some tips on preparing for second semester.

Organization is key

In the agenda, it suggests that students use three-inch binders, with dividers inside.  I propose that you use it!  It can seriously benefit you in the long run.  It keeps your assignments on track.  If you have financial problems and can’t seem to afford a three-inch binder then you can get one for free at main office.

Always use hole punchers to hole punch your work instead of shoving it in your front pockets.  You can receive a consequence for not putting it in the correct section, so prevent getting a detention and put it in the correct place!  Clean your backpack and your binder every two weeks.

Organization can also help with…

Homework Cards

Organization can help with homework cards because you will know where all your homework is.  Agendas are essential for writing down your homework because without them, you’d forget your homework causing you to get a homework card.  All your papers, agenda, and handouts should all be organized in your binder.  If you never lose your work, you are on your way to never receiving a consequence for a missing assignment.

Homework cards are not the only way to avoid consequences, it also boils down to your…

Behavior

Make sure to pay attention in class so you can understand your homework and what you are required to do.  Paying attention in class can also ensure that you get a good grade on any test or quiz.  Taking notes while important lessons would also be a good idea because it helps when studying.

Staying out of trouble gives you a good reputation, so you can be on good terms with both teachers and your peers.  There may be times when you need help or even a favor from an adult.  Having a good reputation will aide you in getting a “yes”.  The second semester concludes the school year, so use these tips and the best of your abilities to end the year strong!